The project is funded by the European Union through the Erasmus+ program. Technology for peace is a project that provides an innovative approach to education for peace, which aims to bring about a deeper understanding and better appreciation of identity as well as stereotype change.
– Implementation period: From December 1, 2019 to July 31, 2022 (20 months)
– Participating partners:
CSDS is honored to cooperate with organizations from 4 countries Philippines, Romania, Norway, India and Poland. They are IGEEI (Philippines), CESIS (Romania), Tech-R for HR (Norway), FLS (India) and Regionalne Centrum Wolontariesu (Poland).
– Project Activities:
The project will develop mobile apps and web platforms to deliver innovative educational experiences by blurring the border between learning and entertainment. The project will implement in 5 phases corresponding to the game development cycle (Hendrick, 2009), including:
1. Prototype Development Phase: During this phase, the participants will use innovative creativity and design thinking to come up with project ideas.
2. Pre-production phase: Participants will be able to define modules, game mechanics, and create a UI blueprint.
3. Production phase: This phase will involve coding mobile apps and websites based on the agreed design.
4. Beta testing phase: Mobile apps and web platforms will be tested, evaluated, developed, re-evaluated the final design and instructions of the game.
5. Released/Final Stage: The project is deployed and publicly available.
The project will develop informational, educational, communication materials and release platforms for different media to spread the message and make it viral.
– Purposes and objectives of the project:
Unlike games intended for entertainment or social interaction that highlight tribalism, destruction, war or violence, the project Technology for peace (T4P) aims to promote peace and change individual attitudes, through intentional participation and immersive experiences in a form of social, active, and on-site learning.
Technology for peace will develop two platforms:
- Mobile Application – Includes interactive and themed games. The mobile application will provide a peaceful connection platform for international exchange.
- Web-based platform – Targets youth workers and youth. The platform contains modules covering stories and best practices for peace education and international exchange.