The “Youth Drivers for Change” Awards is organized by Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) under the Youth Drivers for Change project with funding from Ireland Aid to recognize and honor the youth’s active contributions to the community in the period of 2019-2021, thereby encouraging the spirit of action for the sustainable development of the community and adaptation in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. Inspired by the familiar village festival of Vietnamese villages, the “Youth Drivers for Change” Awards 2021 is built with the expectation of becoming a healthy playground where young people who are enthusiastic about community activities are listened, shared and learnt.
PARTICIPANTS & CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
1. Participants: The participants of the “Youth Drivers for Change” Awards are models/projects:
- Non-profit, working for the sustainable development of the community, targeting beneficiaries in Vietnam
- Founded and run by Vietnamese youth, aged from 16 to 30
2. Conditions for participation
- Participating models/projects have been operating during the period from January 1, 2019 to June 1, 2021.
- The models/projects have had certain results and contributions to the beneficiary community. These results and contributions are counted from January 1, 2019 until the end of June 1, 2021.
THE AWARDS’ PURPOSES
- Recognizing and honoring young people’s positive contributions to the community;
- Connecting projects, youth organizations with individuals, organizations and businesses;
- Spreading innovative and effective models and practices in the implementation of social projects in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
PROCESS & REGULATIONS ON PARTICIPATION DOCUMENTS
1. Participation process
- Models/projects participate in the Awards in the form of candidacy.
- Participating models/projects submit application documents according to the form prescribed by the Organizers in 2 steps:
Step 1: Download and complete the application form here: https://bit.ly/infoGTTNKT2021
Step 2: Complete the online registration form here: http://bit.ly/DangkythongtingiaithuongTNKT2021
2. Regulations on the attendance profile
a. Profile content
The profile includes all contents according to the form prescribed by the Organizers and must ensure the truthfulness and accuracy of the information.
Text is presented in Vietnamese with font Times New Roman, font size 13 according to the format of the Organizers. The organizers encourage participants to provide relevant information and documents (photos, video clips, reports…). This information is sent in the form of attachments to documents directly on emails or links to websites that store documents online.
c. Right to use information
To ensure transparency, all information in the application profile will be publicized by the organizers on the online voting website of CSDS.
- Each model/project is only allowed to register for the “Youth Drivers for Change” Awards with the only application profile. If the model/ projects want to change or add the profile, please contact the Organizers.
- The award only marks the activities and projects of the model/project in the 3-year period from 2019 – 2021.
In order to select the excellent models/projects that deserve to be honored, the profiles of the models/projects will go through the following evaluation stages:
1. Phase 1 – Application registration (from June 28, 2021 to August 1, 2021)
- The Profile has the right to edit and complete during the Stage.
- At the end of Phase 1, invalid applications as required by the Organizer will be disqualified. Applications submitted after August 1, 2021 will be disqualified.
2. Phase 2 – Selection (from August 16, 2021 to August 22, 2021) 10 (Ten) Project/model profiles will be selected to continue in Phase 3, including:
- 5 (Five) Project model profiles are directly nominated by the judges;
- 5 (Five) Project model profiles are voted on through the evaluation scores through the online voting site of CSDS. The online voting round will take place from August 16 to August 22, 2021 here.
3. Stage 3 – Evaluation of the Appraisal Council (from August 30, 2021 to September 5, 2021)
The appraisal council conducts the independent assessment, field survey, information appraisal and interview with representatives of 10 selected models/projects to select 05 most typical and worthy models/projects into the final round.
4. Phase 4 – Evaluation of community representatives (from September 13, 2021 to September 19, 2021)
- 5 groups selected from stage 3 will have the opportunity to present to the community.
- Community representatives (including youth leaders, representatives of social organizations and media agencies) will vote for the best 03 models/projects.
1. Structure, personnel, operation of models/projects
The personnel structure operating the model/project is sustainable, reasonable with clear functions and tasks; models/projects have the regular operation with clear operational orientations, have a plan and operating method to ensure development; members are active and stable.
2. Operational efficiency in 2019, 2020, 2021
In the three years of 2019, 2020 and 2021, the model/project has many activities and events implemented, the total value brought to the community is great, and it is sustainable in the new normal. The activities, programs of the model/project closely follow the reality of community issues, towards the sustainable development goals (SDGs). The organizers highly appreciate building effective operating models, easily replicating in many localities in a way of transparency, creativity and innovation in the implementation and participation of the beneficiary community. In addition, the process, form and creative change in the activities of the model/project during the pandemic period will also be closely evaluated by the Organizers.
3. Development prospects (in 2021 and upcomming years)
The model/project has a clear vision and orientation for long-term activities, towards solving specific social problems in the direction of sustainable development, especially in the post-pandemic context.
The model/project with an operational orientation in 2021 is feasible, bringing about clear and sustainable changes in the community and having high adaptability in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
01 first prize “Youth Drivers for Change”
Prize value: VND 20,000,000 with certificates and medals of the award.
01 second prize “Youth Drivers for Change”
Prize value: 12,000,000 VND with certificates and medals of the award.
01 third prize “Youth Drivers for Change”
Prize value: VND 7,000,000 with certificates and medals of the award.
03 prizes “Prospective Youth Model/Project” for 3 regions
Prize value: 2,000,000 VND with certificates and medals of the award.
01 award “The highest online voted youth model/project”
Prize value: 2,000,000 VND with certificates and medals of the award.
Online voting will take place from August 16 to August 22, 2021 here
01 award “Ambassador promotes gender equality and diversity”
Prize value: VND 5,000,000 with certificates and medals of the award.
APPRAISAL COUNCIL AND COMMUNITY LEADERS
The Appraisal Council of the award includes qualified, experienced and reputable experts in society and social activities and representatives of a number of media agencies. The Appraisal Council of the award participate in the 3rd review round to evaluate and select 05 models/projects and 05 best individuals out of 10 models/projects selected for Phase 3.
The community leaders of the awards are leaders of groups and projects with experience and reputation in the community of social activities. Community leaders will participate in the final review round to select the best 03 models/projects out of the 05 selected models/projects in the final round.
PROVISIONS FOR AWARDED MODELS/PROJECTS
The winning models/projects must commit to the Organizers with the following contents:
- Committing that the information and documents in the profile is true and accurate.
- The organizers have the right to cancel the results and withdraw the prize if they find violations of the models/projects. All final decisions belong to the Organizers.
ABOUT ORGANIZATION UNITS
Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese NGO established in 2009. CSDS addresses development issues in Vietnam through youth development through international exchange, non-formal education, and youth social initiatives promotion and support. For more information, please visit: www.csds.vn
Irish Aid is the Irish Government’s programme for overseas development. The program is managed by the Development Cooperation Department of the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The Vietnam Civil Society Fund (CSF) was established in 2007 as part of the Irish Aid program. The Fund supports medium and short-term projects, which have the potential to have a direct poverty reduction impact or pilot initiatives, and are aligned with the objectives of the Irish Aid’s National Support Strategy. For more information, please visit: https://www.irishaid.ie
The Youth Drivers for Change project is implemented by CSDS with support from Irish Aid to build the capacity of young people so they can lead voluntary organizations and communities into the action of Social Development. Through the program, CSDS hopes that young people will have more opportunities to actively contribute to the overall development of Vietnam.
Tu Le Thao – Project Officer
Tel: 024 6027 8323 / 0389 355 687 (Please contact during office hours and do not text)