The campaign calls for funding 20 stay-at-home learning devices and food for more than 30 orphans at the Truyen Tin Shelter.
This is a non-profit campaign from student volunteers participating in the project “Smiles for Kids” coordinated by Center for Service Learning at Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics and Finance (UEF).
Implemented by a group of UEF students under the advice of the UEF Service Learning Center, the project “Smiles for Kids” has supported the Truyen Tin Shelter (Binh Tan) to transmit useful lessons, helping kids here develop their mindset and social integration through the online platform during the recent period of isolation. After a period of contact, the project knows the difficult situation of the shelter:
– More than 30 orphans of “Truyen Tin Shelter” are about to start a new school year at the beginning of September 2021 but only have 1 computer to use.
– The food supply is scarce, causing the children to lack fresh food to meet their nutritional needs during the pandemic.
For that reason, the project coordinators and the UEF Service Learning Center decide to call on students, organizations, and sponsors to donate used electronic devices as well as fresh food to support kids during this difficult COVID-19 pandemic. Demand details:
– 20 ONLINE LEARNING DEVICES (may be used) such as smartphone, PC, laptop, tablet, etc. with wifi connection, qualified camera, and microphone – highly necessary for students to start the online school year.
– Fresh food, which can include vegetables, tubers, fruits, eggs, milk, meat that have a clear origin and are well preserved and is suitable for 30 children aged 1-18 years old. We would like to emphasize that the shelter has ENOUGH RICE, FRESH FOOD are considered a top priority to ensure the nutritional needs of the children who are in the developing stage.
– Contact the shelter to confirm before support. Phone number: – (028) 3750 1807 – Truyen Tin Shelter – Or: 0903992612 – Ms. Dao – Staff of Truyen Tin shelter.
Detailed information about the shelter: http://maiamtruyentin.com
On behalf of the Truyen Tin shelter, the project coordinators – UEF Service Learning Center would like to extend our gratitude and look forward to receiving the support from the community, together with turning love into action so that children continue learning.
UEF Service-Learning Center is committed to the transparency of the campaign, and the Truyen Tin shelter is committed to taking measures to guide children to use electronic devices for learning properly.
Website of UEF Service Learning Center and Project Information “Smiles for Kids”: https://www.uef.edu.vn/servicelearning/du-an-cong-dong/nu-cuoi-em-tho-uefers-tich-cuc-lan-toa-tinh-than-phuc-vu-cong-dong-trong-mua-dich-12111