The Bright Future Fund (BFF) was established by the Centre for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) with the support of Hanoi International Women’s Club (HIWC), VNHELP organization and individual donors with the aim to create more equal opportunities for students from disadvantaged backgrounds to study at university in Hanoi. BFF supports the students financially and also helps them to improve their skills through trainings so they will excel in their studies and pursue their dreams.
- Financial benefits: Scholarship recipients will receive initial financial support up to 6.600.000 VND per year. After one year, if all the program requirements are met, the students will continue to receive the scholarship for the next year of their studies.
- Self-development benefits: Scholarship recipients will be given opportunities to enrol in trainings, seminars in order to improve their soft skills.
- Academic benefits: A companion will closely follow up with the scholarship recipients studying in university. The companion will give feedback and recommendations to help the scholarship recipient fully achieve the benefits of their studies.
Applications for the Bright Future Fund for the 2017/18 academic year were open from 26/05/2017- 05/08/2017. Please refer to the below table for the eligibility requirements.
|Who can apply?||Graduates of high school who have already taken the National High School graduation examination, AND has the intention to apply to Universities located in Hanoi in school year 2017 – 2018||2nd year university student studying at a university in Hanoi, school year 2017-2018|
|Academic merit||GPA in grade 12 must be at 7.0 on a 10.0 scale||Latest GPA must be 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or 7.0 on a 10.0 scale|
|Eligibility||The grant is only for tuition fee support, therefore, the students who are going to have the tuition fee exempted or reduced will not be eligible to apply. The information of the eligibility has to be provided before 23/8/2017.|
|Family background||Family with disadvantaged economic and difficult life circumstances who cannot help to pay the school fees or living costs while studying in Hanoi.|
Download the Application form here: http://bit.ly/2ptRcmJ
Download Scholarship information – Vietnamese version here: http://bit.ly/2qixxd6
Deadline for application: before 11:59’ 5/8/2017
Donate to the Bright Future Fund
The Bright Future Fund appreciates help no matter now small to support university students in Hanoi. Even small sums of money such as 50.000 VND are valuable contributions to the program.
- Support the whole program in general or one aspect of the program
- Fully sponsor a student
- Support a students living costs in Hanoi
In knowledge and skills
- You can organize sharing sessions or training courses for beneficiaries
- Act as a coach or mentor to scholarship recipients
- Provide accommodation to incoming students who are not from Hanoi
- Donation of stationary for students
- Donation of used relevant textbooks for students
Any contribution should be sent to CSDS at:
72 Phạm Thận Duật, Mai Dịch, Cầu Giấy, Hà Nội
(+84) 01677 299 155 or (+84) 04 6027 8323
Account name: Center for Sustainable Development Studies.
Account number: 700 70 40600 1516
Bank name: Saigon Bank for Industry and Trade – Cau Giay branch.
We would love to hear from you regarding any questions regarding the BFF project or if you would like to make a donation. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2017/18 school year, the BFF program is generously supported by: VN Help and the Hanoi International Women’s Club.