“Youth Drivers for Change” Forum – Hoi Kien 2021
“Youth Drivers for Change” Forum is an annual event, which has been organized by CSDS since 2015. To date, the forum has had the fortune to welcome nearly 600 young leaders from all over the country. Each year, the program holds 2 major activities, including Làng Kiến and Youth Forum.
Since the foundation in 2015 of the 2030 Agenda, up to now, member countries, organizations, and individuals around the world have been making active contributions to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), however, to achieve this common goal by 2030, we still make a great effort. Individual achievements in each field are remarkable, but it is necessary to put those results into the general picture to clearly see the interplay between these areas. Problems need to be viewed at the systematic level, which means problems in one area need to be broadened to look for causes and effects in relation to stakeholders and other areas. In addition, we need to not only identify problems but also promote cross-sectoral initiatives, actions and cooperation to ensure maximum benefits, resources and minimize unwanted negative impacts, while creating sustainable and inclusive impacts.
Recognizing the urgency of the interdisciplinary element in the implementation of social projects, the “Youth Drivers for Change” Forum – Hoi Kien 2021 wishes to provide an opportunity for exchange and discussion between Vietnamese youth and experts in the fields of Environment – Society – Economy with the aim of finding solutions in assessing the situation and taking action to solve social problems in an interdisciplinary approach. The theme of the forum is Exploring interdisciplinarity and Promoting interdisciplinary action in social projects of Vietnamese youth.
“Link – Interfield – Interconnection”
1. Purpose & Meaning
– Creating a connecting space following the spirit of a festival among Vietnamese youth who are participating in social projects and experts in fields of the Environment – Society – Economy
– Discussing the urgency of an interdisciplinary approach with the aim of assessing and taking actions on social issues
– Inspiring action for the community for participating members in the program
2. Form of Organization – Schedule
2.1. Form of Organization
The forum series is organized ONLINE on the ZOOM platform and other online interactive support platforms. The forum series includes 3 main components:
- Component 1: Talkshow on Sustainable Development. Scope of sectors and relation between the fields of Environment – Society – Economy within the framework of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Component 2: Kien speaks – Organizing 03 parallel discussion sessions, with 3 main fields, including Environment – Society – Economy
Discussion sessions are conducted in the form of roundtable discussions, in which youth representatives will discuss concepts and the current status of existing issues in the fields with the companionship of experts, entrepreneurs and staff of NGOs. The discussion sessions also focus on inter-sectoral relationships and impacts when people intervene/influence one of the three fields mentioned above, especially in the framework of implementing social projects, thereby analyzing and drawing experience to come up with more effective and comprehensive actions/solutions. Participants will choose 1 of 3 discussion sessions to attend.
- Component 3: Hoi Kien – Summarizing and exhibiting results of online discussion
In this last online event of the forum series, the outstanding discussion results will be presented by the youth representatives themselves in front of a wide audience including Youth leaders, representatives of NGOs, representatives of businesses, experts, social activists, and those interested in solutions for the progress of achieving the sustainable development goals. The event is live-streamed on the media channels of CSDS and sponsors.
– Component 1: 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm, 12/18/2021
– Component 2: 9:00 am – 11:30 am and 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm, 12/19/2021 (03 discussion sessions will take place in parallel)
– Component 3: 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm, 12/23/2021
3. Targeted Participants
- Vietnamese young people (18-35 years old) across the country have been participating in development work: Social projects/activities, development funds, NGOs, NPOs, government agencies, businesses creating social impact, CSR of businesses, etc.
- Those who have an interest, questions and ideas that wish to contribute to the program discussion.
- Those who have an interest and understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs.)
– Obtaining the certificate from Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS)
– Connecting and Discussing with youth representatives and experts in many fields across the country
– Presenting opinions and results as an individual on social media of CSDS
– Learning knowledge about development sustainability, interdisciplinarity in social activities
The program is totally free. Participants will need to pay a commitment fee of 500,000 VND. This amount will be 100% refunded shortly after the program ends for the Delegates to fully and enthusiastically participate in all activities within the framework of the program.
6. Registration and Contact
6.1. Registration Information
Register for the program here:: http://bit.ly/ChuoidiendanTNKT
Deadline: 10:00 pm, 12/10/2021
6.2. Contact Information :
– Mr. Vu Duy Thanh – Email: email@example.com
Phone number: 039 6526 816
– Ms. Tran Thi Thuong Thuong – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 0973 051 689