General information about NGO Traineeship Program
The NGO Traineeship Program is an important component of the Youth Drivers for Change project funded by the Irish Aid. The project aims to connect Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) with young people who want to work or try their hand at NGOs. Not only an experience program, but NGO Traineeship also creates an environment for young people to find their new or suitable way and development for themselves and open up potential future career opportunities. Through the program, CSDS hopes that young people will have more opportunities to actively contribute to the general development of Vietnam.
By joining NGO Traineeship, you will learn about the working environment at NGOs not only in Vietnam but in the world as well. When you register for the program, you will be trained and equipped with working skills under the guidance of mentors and experienced coaches. You will have the opportunity to experience a completely new working environment at NGOs operating in many different fields such as education, economy, environment, etc. And most importantly, you will expand your network and access to potential future career opportunities.
The training content will focus on the following key points:
Week 1: Basic knowledge of nonprofits, NGOs and general working skills.
Week 2: Project management and communication skills in NGOs.
Week 3: Knowledge of Development and Sharing with experts on developing practical working skills.
In addition, the Program will also implement field trips to local projects and NGOs during the training period.
General information about the program NGO Traineeship Season 10:
- Open applications: May 17 – June 17, 2021 (17:00)
- Interview and send the results of the application round: June 17 – June 25, 2021
- Foundation training: July 1 – July 22, 2021
- Training schedule: 8:30 – 17:30, Monday – Sunday (1 day off each week)
- Training location: Hanoi.
- Interview and connect with NGOs: July 15 – July 31, 2021
- Internship term: August 1 – December 31, 2021
NUMBER OF TRAINEES: 20
- Participating in the training course on working skills and knowledge in the field of NGOs
- Priority is given to the selection of internship positions (05 months) in non-governmental organizations in accordance with the intern’s expectations and capabilities.
- Receiving a minimum allowance of 1,500,000 VND/month within 5 months of internship.
- Interns gain first-hand experience in community service and development work, as the first step toward embarking on a career in the field.
- Interns are supported by CSDS to solve challenges/difficulties throughout the internship period.
- Interns can participate in additional training sessions following their needs (eg English, personal communication skills and conflict resolution, etc).
- Getting connected and developing your future career network.
- At the end of the program, the Interns are granted a certificate of program completion from CSDS.
- Vietnamese citizens who want to work and develop a career in the field of community development
- Age: 20 – 27 years old (final year students or recent college/university graduates, people who are already working but want to change jobs, etc.)
- Foreign language: Good communication in English
- Proficient in computer working skills: Word, Excel, Internet, Email, etc.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in the media industry
- Preference will be given to those with experience in volunteering and social activities.
- Preference will be given to candidates from diverse backgrounds, from different regions, as well as from minority groups such as LGBTQI+ people, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities…
- Committing to actively participating in a 3-week training program and a 5-month internship at an NGO
- Trainees commit to paying a deposit of 1,000,000 VND and will be refunded after the end of the program. (provided that the training course is completed and the internship is for 5 months, along with relevant documents)
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: Hanoi, TP. HCM, etc. (Depending on the location of the NGOs receiving the interns)
COST FOR TRAINING PARTICIPATION:
All training costs of the program will be covered by CSDS. (training materials, tea-break, trainers, …)
Trainees are responsible for their own expenses related to travel and accommodation while participating in the training program.
SUBMIT REGISTRATION AT: http://bit.ly/Muango10
DEADLINE: 5:00 p.m., Thursday, June 17, 2021
? The organizers will send the results of the application round and contact the candidates for an interview at the latest within 3 to 6 days (excluding weekends) from the date of application submission. For candidates located outside of Hanoi, the program will arrange interviews via Skype.
? Internship positions in NGOs are tailored to students’ expectations and abilities.
? The program prioritizes candidates who apply early and will close the application before the application deadline if we receive enough applicants.
?For all information about NGO Traineeship 10 program, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact information.
Vu Duy Thanh (Mr.)
Tel: 039 652 6816 (Please contact during office hours and do not text)
Nguyen Mai Phuong (Ms.)
Tel: 0333769090 (Please contact during office hours and do not text)
List of Organizations participating in NGOs Traineeship season 10 (Updating)
- Helen Keller International (HKI) – https://www.hki.org/ – https://www.facebook.com/HKIVN
- Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Vietnam – https://vietnam.fes.de/ – https://www.facebook.com/FriedrichEbertStiftung.Vietnam
- GTV Gruppo Trentino Volontariato – https://www.gtvonline.org/it/ – https://www.facebook.com/gruppotrentinovolontariato/
- For Vietnamese Stature Foundation – http://vitamvocviet.vn/ – https://www.facebook.com/quyvitamvocviet
- LIN CENTER FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT – https://linvn.org/vi/ – https://www.facebook.com/LINCenter
- Center for Supporting Community Development Initiatives – https://www.scdi.org.vn/ – https://www.facebook.com/SCDIVietnam/
- Will To Live Center – https://www.nghilucsong.net/ – https://www.facebook.com/nghilucsong/
- Centre for Education & Development CED – http://giaoducphattrien.com/ – https://www.facebook.com/CedChannel/
- The Consultative Institute for Socio-Economic Development of Rural and Mountainous Areas (CISDOMA) – https://cisdoma.org.vn/ – https://www.facebook.com/cisdomavn
- Centre for Marinelife Conservation and Community Development (MCD) – http://www.mcdvietnam.org/
- Northwest Cooperative Development Center – http://northwest.com.vn/