Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese NGO focusing on youth development activities, community development programs and global exchange programs. Established in 2009, CSDS has developed various activities nationwide towards sustainable development in Vietnam.
The Youth Leadership Development Program so-called I COMMIT is implemented by Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) with funding from the Irish Aid. Founded in 2013 by CSDS and EyeopenerWorks (EOW), the program aims to train and develop young people to make positive impacts in society. So far, I Commit has organized 15 seasons successfully with the creation of 42 youth project groups.
Faced with the Covid-19 pandemic, I Commit Program decides to organize a new online program season, called ICMA, to create a space dedicated to supporting community project groups. ICMA aims to support 20 potential projects in the project development process, through organizing virtual training sessions and coaching sessions.
● Youth organizations (other names: clubs, associations, teams, groups, …) across the country
● Established from 3 months to less than 2 years and Faced with difficulties in project management.
● Organizations that have conducted at least 1 activity to date and plan to operate from September to December 2021
● Organizations haven’t had a coach/mentor/consultant to support and advise professionally.
● Participating organizations haven’t had independent legal status.
Note: An organization is a unit with 2 or more members and has a clear structure of functions and tasks. The individuals in the organization share the same goals with the organization. Other names include Groups, Clubs, Teams, Associations, etc. Youth organizations are organizations whose members are between the ages of 16-30.
The program will select 20 suitable youth teams/groups/organizations to participate in the ICMA Program, in which:
1. 4 projects that are struggling with the stage of Problem and Audience Identification – Problem Approach – Solution Design will receive support: Consulting and designing a training route from ICMA experts to solve the difficulties that the projects encounter and continue to develop activities until the end of 2021. At most 12 weekly professional consultation sessions (1 – 1.5 hours) for a period of 3 months (September – November 2021) with experts of the program. At most 06 online training sessions (2 weeks/session) to assist in solving difficulties during project implementation.
2. 16 projects facing difficulties in the Project Implementation phase will receive support: Consulting and designing a training route from ICMA experts to solve the difficulties that the projects encounter and continue to develop activities until the end of 2021. At most 06 online training sessions (2 weeks/session) to assist in solving difficulties during project implementation.
Note: The number of coaching sessions and training sessions will depend on the actual situation and needs of the project team. The ICMA expert team will work with the team to jointly develop a supporting route.
REQUIREMENTS & CRITERIA
1. Requirements of participation
- For the 4 project teams having difficulty with the stage of Problem and Audience Identification – Problem Approach – Solution Design
– To register up to 10 core members to participate in the professional consultation session (no list change or supplement allowed) and up to 02 core members to join the training session.
– To commit to fully participating in professional counseling sessions (coaching): 1 session/week.
– To commit to fully participating in training sessions designed by ICMA experts for the group.
– After each coaching and training session, the team needs to write a report to encapsulate the results of the application in the group (Coaching journey and Training reflection).
– To commit to implementing the group’s plans until the end of December 2021.
- For 16 groups that are facing difficulties during the Project Implementation phase
– To register a maximum of 03 core members to participate in the training session.
– To commit to participating in training sessions designed by ICMA experts for the group.
– After each training session, the group needs to write a recap of the results of the group’s application (Training Reflection).
2. Project selection criteria
- The program selects projects that have a clear mindset in launching community projects, demonstrate commitment and motivation in solving social problems and are facing challenges and difficulties along this journey.
- Based on the information provided by the groups in the Application round and the Interviewing round, the program will design an appropriate route and select 04 project groups to receive coaching and training and 16 project groups to receive training.
3. Commitment fee
The program is totally FREE. However, participating teams/groups/organizations will have to pay a commitment fee – which will be refunded upon full completion of the program.
With 4 project teams receiving coaching and training: The commitment is VND 1,000,000/group.
– Members of the group take a break for 01 professional counseling session (coaching) without the approval of the BTC, the group will not be allowed to continue participating in the program. The pledge will not be refunded.
– Group members leave 01 training session (training) without the consent of the Organizing Committee, the commitment will not be refunded. If the group misses 02 training sessions, the project team will not be allowed to continue participating in the program.
– The group does not complete the report after the training and coaching sessions on time, deduct 100,000 VND/time from the commitment fee.
With 16 project groups receiving training: The commitment is 500,000 VND/group.
– Group members leave 01 training session (training) without the acceptance of the Organizers, the commitment will not be refunded. If the group misses 02 training sessions, the project team will not be allowed to continue participating in the program.
– The group that fails to complete the report after the training and coaching sessions on time will be deducted VND 100,000 VND per time from the commitment fee.
Application form for the program
- Required documents (fill in the form):
1. Application form for the program: Download Hồ sơ ứng tuyển ICMA 2021
- Additional documents (optional):
2. Group/organization/project profile
3. Assessment survey of community’s needs
4. Test results report or previous similar projects report
5. Related images (if any, please kindly select images with reference value clearly arranged and captioned)
6. Other relevant documents
How to submit a program application form
● Step 1: Complete the application form for the program:
● Step 2: Fill in project information and upload your application here: https://bit.ly/ICMA_link_đăng_ký_tham_gia
Hotline: (+84) 963 990 218 – Mr. Thanh (please contact during office hours and do not text)