CSDS RECRUITMENT OF OPERATION MANAGER
ORGANIZATION AND PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
The Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-profit organization legally registered in 2009. CSDS is promoting education for sustainable development with a strong emphasis on youth empowerment and community support.
NATURE OF WORK:
The Operation Manager will perform a management role in covering operation needs of the office and projects in Vietnam. This is primarily a financial & account position requiring the management of the financial & account components of CSDS programs/ projects in close co-operation with Donors, Board of Directors, project/program staff, local partners and other members of the CSDS team. He/ She will be responsible for the overall administration and human resource management of CSDS office as well as program/project support for other team members.
FINANCE & ACCOUNT:
Maximizing program financial & accounting performance:
- Develop & monitor CSDS’s financial and accounting systems;
- Ensure proper records keeping, internal control;
- Manage petty cash of the CSDS office, program/project;
- Prepare monthly cash forecasts for the CSDS Office
- Arrange for timely salary payments of the CSDS team and tax requirements subsequently according to local laws, and payments to suppliers of the CSDS office;
- Monitor the allocation of donor restricted income and expenditure to ensure that donor reports are accurate;
- Be responsible of preparing answers to all financial questions raised by donors;
- Prepare, present and monitor the annual program/project budget in line with the program/project design;
- Prepare and present annual cash flow projections and monthly monitoring mechanisms;
- Provide guidance and financial training to the program/project team, partner staff if required;
- Ensure that all financial agreements with partners are respected and negotiated according to standard financial management principles of CSDS;
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the smooth running of the annual audit;
- Liaise with the bank to ensure proper management of the CSDS office funds;
- Ensure all payments (and receipts) are updated accurately in the financial accounting system according to the CSDS’s financial procedures.
- Supervise Finance and Administrative Officer/ Assistant/ Interns.
Internal & External financial reporting:
- Prepare & submit monthly and quarterly financial reports to Board of Directors according to agreed timetable;
- Prepare financial reports to donor using specified format according to agreed timetable;
- Prepare biannual and annual reports to VUSTA;
- Liaise with program staff to arrange technical assistance in sub-grant management and communicate financial status of projects.
- Ensure that the CSDS project/program staff is kept fully informed of relevant financial & account development/guidelines;
- Design and implement suitable induction training on finance issues for new finance and non-finance team members, relevant staff of local partners.
ADMINISTRATION (both office and program/project)
- Co-ordinate administrative issues between CSDS offices;
- Responsible for up-keeping of and maintenance of all office equipment and facilities
- Ensure office cleanliness and sufficient office supplies
- Ensure effective storage and display of internal/external literature;
- Ensure good coordination with national and provincial partners to arrange site visits when necessary;
- Be responsible for full spectrum of executive secretarial duties including travel arrangements and hotel accommodations, and undertaking responsibility for operational projects;
- Ensure efficient filing and tracking systems.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Submit recruitment plan in accordance with CSDS’s funding status and strategies
- Be responsible for the whole process of recruitment (develop JD, advertise shortlist, interview, grade the candidates, check reference, draft labor contracts, complete and file personnel profiles…)
- Be updated about organization, donor and local regulations/ guidelines and ensure the conformation of these regulations/guidelines in HR management.
- Ensure staff questions about HR related matters are reported to the relevant authorities and properly addressed
- Review time sheets and ensure pay rolls are adequately supported;
- Participate in project proposal’s design and fund-seeking activities to different donors;
- Develop and maintain contact with banks, government ministries, development partners and other NGOs;
- Provide interpretation and translation during CSDS workshops as well as site visits when required;
Send your resume/CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Ms. Dinh Lien Hoa – 84 915 709 734