The Centre for Sustainable Development Studies was founded in Hanoi in 2009 with a mission is to empower and support youth by providing them the skills and opportunities they need in order to become agents of sustainable change and development in their communities. Many of CSDS’s earlier projects focused on education, the environment, and young people. As CSDS matured, we realized we had a particular talent for working with, and for, young people!
CSDS’s vision is a society where young people are valued and empowered to act as innovative contributors to a sustainable and equal world.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY & TASKS
Manage communication work of different CSDS’s projects:
- Assist to develop communication strategy, plan and guidelines for projects he/she is in charge of.
- Collaborate with suppliers and team members to design and produce IEC materials, publication and merchandises when needed.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining strategic relationship with media networks to ensure images, values and profile of CSDS’s projects are highlighted with partners and in public;
- Generate press releases and produce media reports;
- Coordinate with team members to conduct fundraising activities when needed.
- Develop and manage the project’s communication channels, including but not limited to website, social media and online platforms;
- Coordinate awareness raising campaigns, events, information sharing workshops;
- Manage the development of content, including news, story, photo, videos, knowledge based article/summary for website and social media channels;
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring and teamwork:
- Weekly update with Project Coordinators and other team members about progress of tasks that the position and others are working.
- Monthly update on work plan, results and progress.
- Event update on the progress, results (within 1 week).
- Proactively seek for coaching/support/trainings from professionals.
- Allowance of 2,000,000vnd/month
- Work in internationally immersed working environment
- Participate in national and international seminars/workshops when relevant
The individuals with the followings are preferred:
- At least being a student of or holding a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science/Mass communication/Arts or related field
- Have experience in designing and executing communication activities, preferably in development programmes
- Ability to work in a team and sometimes under high pressure with tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Good reading/writing skills in English and excellent in Vietnamese
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to partners, the public, and other external sources in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team.
Interested applicants should submit below mentioned documents:
- An updated CV
- An application letter and state that why you should suitable for this job
- Examples of previous work (writing pieces, products of social campaign(s), if available
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org