Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is currently looking for three (03) artistic, expressive, and motivated individuals to attend a seminar in Greece from 11th -15th February 2019.The seminar is under a project named “Capacity Building Through Oral Traditions and Intangible Cultural Heritage” and is fully funded by European Commission.
I/ PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The project aims to create cultural and entrepreneurial opportunities for young people and the future of every country by exploring popular intangible cultures, mainly oral traditions and folk cultures through storytelling, games, songs, dances, and festivals of the past. Intangible Cultural Heritage is the wealth of knowledge, culture and skills that is transmitted from one generation to the next. It has universal value for individuals, communities, and societies and it is important that it is preserved and passed on, not as something static, but as something that is actually evolving through our engagement with it.
The Seminar will be joined and coordinated by 5 organizations from 4 countries including: Aeroplio (Greece) , Action Synergy S.A. (Greece), COOPERBOMTURISMO (Brazil), UXÍO NOVONEYRA FOUNDATION (Spain) and CSDS (Viet Nam)
The selected participants will be covered for:
- Return ticket flight
- Travel insurance
- Visa cost
- Food and accommodation in Athens during the seminar
- Related local transportation in Athens during the seminar
Applicants Need To:
- Have an interest in performing arts (narration, theater, singing, dancing etc)
- Have the ability to perform theater productions, cultural performances, etc.
- Be able to communicate in English
- Have a passport valid for at least 6 months
- Be available from 10th -16th February 2019
- Commit to deliver an one day training for a group of 25 youth, applying what he/she has learnt at the seminar in Greece.
- Commit to write a report reflecting personal experience from the seminar. Deadline February 25, 2019
IV/ HOW TO APPLY
Send the most updated CV and Motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, December 14th 2018