National Facilitator – Regional Youth Forum
Center for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-governmental organization, focusing on youth and community development as well as international volunteer exchange. Founded in 2009, CSDS develops and implements programs in different areas of the country to contribute to the sustainable development of Vietnamese society. Youth Drivers for Change project is being implemented by CSDS with funding from Irish Aid. The project aims to build the capacity of voluntary, youth-led, community based organizations to generate social action that will contribute positively to the on-going development of Vietnam. From June to September 2018, CSDS will organize a youth forum which will promote youth active citizenship by strengthening their voices and roles in the community. Detailed objectives of the activities are:
- Facilitating the discussion of ideas and experience for social development from youth leaders with the aim of inspiring and strengthening their activities in their service for the community.
- Providing tools and methods for youth leaders and help them develop a youth petition focusing on their contributions to communities using themes from SDGs, especially with the support from the communities and authorities.
- Dates (tentative): 15th June – 16th September, 2018
- Activities: Regional Youth Forum
- Description: 30-35 selected youths, who are actively involved in community activities.
- Location: Thai Nguyen, Nghe An, Quang Nam, Dak Lak, Can Tho
Position/ Job Description CSDS is looking for a capable facilitator (or a group of facilitators) who can apply creative methods in working with youth (aged 18 – 30 years old) to facilitate youth leaders to work together to achieve the aforementioned objectives. Specific tasks:
- To design the content of the events, employing co-creational methods in working with various stakeholders inside and outside of CSDS;
- To guide/facilitate workshops for youth leaders of different provinces throughout Vietnam;
- To analyze the feedback and content created in these workshops with the intention of proposing concepts for future activities;
- To coach for CSDS staff in organizing and facilitating other youth forums in future.
- To produce reports in both English and Vietnamese, upon completion of the service.
- Technical skills: familiarity with co-creation methods;
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated experience in facilitating groups;
- Strong interest in working with young people and engaging youth as active agents in social projects;
- At lease 3 years of working experience and proven knowledge related to youth rights, sustainable development issues, civil and political context of Vietnam;
- At least 3 years of experience working with different stakeholders including government, civil society organizations, and communities.
Proposal Submission: Deadline: 17h00, 22 April 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All application packages should include the following, as incomplete packages will not be considered:
- Expression of Interest
- Resumes of all team members
- Detailed Proposal including facilitation methods, and proposed methods for the creation of training content
- Estimated expenses