TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job Title: Communication Assistant (full time)
Team: Youth Empowerment Program Team
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam (with occasional travel)
The Centre for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS) is a Vietnamese non-governmental organisation, focusing on youth and community development as well as international volunteer exchange. Founded in 2009 and based in Hanoi, Vietnam, CSDS develops and implements programs in different areas of the country to contribute to the sustainable development of Vietnam.
CSDS is currently developing its work in youth empowerment, with strong support from local and international organizations. In the frame of its growth, CSDS is looking for a new team member who will be enhancing its communication work.
- Manage CSDS’s communication channels and implementing communication strategy;
- Assist in various activities with the youth empowerment program;
- Provide guidance and support to the internal communication of the organisation
- Co-creative working environment
- International working environment
- Opportunities to travel abroad
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Promote CSDS activities and raise the public profile of the organization in line with its vision and mission and overall objectives;
- Ensure that information on CSDS programs and projects, advocacy events and campaigns is conveyed through appropriate communication channels and transmitted to relevant audiences;
- Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation system to assess the quality and consistency of all communications activities;
- On occasion work with specialized international volunteers and other team members to increase the quality of CSDS’s communications work;
- Facilitate and maintain effective linkages with networks related to CSDS activities (including media relation).
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies and plans for CSDS activities which are aligned with organizational priorities in communication, policy advocacy, youth work and global exchange;
University degree in social science, journalism, communications and/or development related studies.
- Minimum of 1 years work experience in a relevant field is mandatory
- NGO and youth work experience is preferable
- Experience in a non-formal education setting is desirable
- Experience in a cross-cultural environment is desirable
- Experience fundraising for Vietnamese non-profits is considered an advantage
- High level IT skills, including the application of various software packages and proficiency with all forms of social media and electronic mediums to collect, store and disseminate information;
- High level communication skills, including the ability to write reports, research and analyze information, prepare documents and liaise with a wide range of key stakeholders in a professional, timely manner;
- Advanced level of English and Vietnamese in both oral and written forms.
- Understanding of the structure, functions and operation of the NGO sector is highly desirable
- Understanding of the youth context is highly desirable
- Knowledge of communication tools and campaign strategies
- Knowledge of project management and/or human resource management, event management
- Flexibility and adaptability and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure at times and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as an integral part of a team
Interested candidates should send their CVs and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 25th Mar 2019.