CSDS RECRUITMENT: PARTICIPANTS IN ALL ASEAN MEMBER COUNTRIES TO JOIN IN THE PROJECT: “GENDER DIALOGUES: ENGAGING ASEAN YOUTH IN GENDER INITIATIVES”
The Center for Sustainable Development Studies – CSDS, in cooperation with the Mission of Canada to ASEAN, is currently looking for young participants in all ASEAN member countries to join in the project: “Gender Dialogues: Engaging ASEAN Youth in Gender Initiatives”.
Broadly, this project engages youth on a regional level to contribute to the efforts in reducing gender inequality in the ASEAN’s member countries, using youth as catalysts and multipliers for change. This project seeks to engage young people to commit to addressing barriers to gender equality and roots of inequalities in their own communities.
The goal of the project is to increase awareness about gender issues amongst ASEAN youth, and to create a dialogue around how gender discrimination and other gender-related issues can be addressed through regional collective actions. This project’s objective is to train and engage young active citizen to act on gender related issues in their own communities through collective learning in a diverse cultural context. Striving to engage a significant amount of men in these dialogues, the project impact will create a critical mass of change agents and to support the women. ensuring that they are given the tools to change.
Joining this project, the participants will:
1. Be sponsored (international travel, board & lodging) to participate in a five-day international training in Hanoi, Vietnam (Training of Trainers – TOT) with other participants representing all ASEAN’s member countries(1), where they will:
• Learn, share and discuss an in depth understanding of gender issues and the challenges that limit gender equality in their own community and in the region;
• Develop, finalize and present their project’s ideas, addressing the gender issues in their own communities and discuss how they can all work together to tackle the problems, creating a synergy in the movement of promoting gender equality;
• Research, discuss and develop a youth friendly gender mapping of collective actions in ASEAN on gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls (government bodies, NGOs, international organizations, youth-led organizations/projects, academia and media). The collection will be used as a hands-on reference for young people when they start being active in working on the issue of gender equality;
The training date is from 05 – 11 October 2018 (including 02 traveling days for participants outside of Hanoi)
2. Return to their own countries after the training to deliver their proposed project in their communities, sharing the knowledge and experience accumulated through the international training with their peers. Participants’ projects can receive a small contribution of up to 500USD from CSDS for their proposed activities(2);
3. ‘2 young project ambassadors selected from the pool of participants will lead an advocacy campaign throughout THE ASEAN REGION, by traveling to ALL 10 MEMBER COUNTRIES. At each community they visit, they will meet and work with local youth peers to advocate and promoting gender equality(3);
The project “Gender Dialogues: Engaging ASEAN Youth in Gender Initiatives” is looking for participants who:
• Are youth or youth workers from 18-30 year-olds, with a legitimate ASEAN’s member country passport that is valid at least until the end of April 2019;
• Hold a great interest in the topic of gender and gender equality, is currently active or has experienced working in projects, campaigns or activities related to this topic;
• Incubate ideas/initiatives to address gender issues at their local communities. This initiative could be a brand new project, or an on-going one;
• Possess an adequate understanding of gender issues and challenges at a local and national level and a willingness to share with others;
• Is currently or have been associated (as participant, volunteer, intern or staff) with a local NGO/NPO that is active in the field of community development. A letter of recommendation from that association is required;
• Efficient in English, both speaking and writing;
• Has an interest and passion in multi-culture exchange and learning;
• Has experienced in project operation and management (This will be an advantage); • Experience in promotional campaign using social network is a plus;
• Open-mind to new experience and exchange;
• Abilities to work in a multi-cultured group;
Application must include these following documents:
• Project application form: http://bit.ly/GenderDialogues2018
• Motivation letter (less than 400 words)
• Reference letter from a local NGO/NPO
• Scan/copy of passport
Interested individual must summit their application documents no later than the deadline of 23:59′PM, 16 September 2018 to this following address:
Center for Sustainable Development Studies Address: 63 Phạm Thận Duật Str., Cầu Giấy District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application summited via email is compulsory to have their title in the following format:
[Gender Dialogues 2018 Application]_ FULL NAME_Country
Only selected candidates will be contacted for arrangement of individual interview.
(1) There will be 02 youths selected from each country in ASEAN region, beside 06 youths from Vietnam. Total participants of the training will be 24. The training will be conducted 100% in English.
(2) 500USD is the maximum contribution from CSDS for each project; depending on the project’s proposal, the final budget might vary. The proposal would be evaluated by CSDS’s Project Management Team and external experts on their logic, feasibility, impacts and sustainability, thus, the might be initiative that would not receive this small contribution. The participants are more than welcome to seek for additional funding opportunities.
(3) Except for personal spending outside of the project related activities, Other expense such as travel support, board and lodging for 2 ambassadors for the whole trip will be provided by CSDS